Tired of annoying telemarketing calls? Had enough of being harassed at an inconvenient time by an anonymous, foreign sounding or hard to understand cold caller? Me too! Hi, I’m Jimmy.
What am I doing? Well, here I plan to post my experiences about annoying telemarketing calls to the home phone specifically, and mobiles, faxes etc., if there’s an interest.
What’s your story?
What about you? Are you less than happy about telepests calling you on the home phone? Have you got better things to do with your time? Would you like to handle phone solicitors as Seinfeld or Tom Mabe can? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions then you want ‘telepest easy-off bam.’ Sorry, I got carried away there. What I do have is a blog on Pranking Telemarketers 87 Ways, while responding to intrusive telemarketing calls. (Wait, don’t hit Esc. This is not an elaborate telemarketing ploy. I’m not selling anything–not even my book.) You see, I’ve had such a grin writing about my experiences that I plan to continue by using this site to:
- share some of the pranking techniques that I use to make telemarketing calls a blast (and put me back in control)
- get to hear of other blogger’s experiences/techniques
- talk on the pop psychology of the difficulties/benefits of responding to telepests.
- look at the statutory safeguards and organisations that are available to deal with phone solicitors and scammers
- and touch on the business psychology of the direct-marketing machine (what the! did I hear a cynicist yell out greed?).
If anything on this site helps or you’ve got a story/suggestion, I’d like to hear about it.
Cheers, Jimmy Aring.