- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Pestered Tim Price was pretty peeved by cold calling telephone salesmen taking the P – so he’s added an extra nine Ps to his name in a desperate bid to make them stop, writes Lee Marlow. Tim, 49, has changed his … Continue reading
Noah Magram, principal software engineer at security vendor Sourcefire, was called while at home by a fake antivirus company. He decided to see exactly what they do when a person grants access, only he gave them access to a virtual machine … Continue reading
Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
Satirical video of typical, trashy telemarketing operation in India. Worth a laugh (3:41 minutes).
Adapted from Mark Mayes article, columnist / Lansing State Journal Question: When is telemarketing not telemarketing, when it’s advertising? Answer: No, that’s what unscrupulous cold callers want us to believe—but they’re wrong. Rosemary Wade of Grand Ledge had an especially … Continue reading
By JEFF AMY for the Associated Press: covers the economy, state government, health care, education and demographics in Mississippi. Not only are those telemarketing robocalls from “card services” annoying, they’re also illegal if you’ve signed up for a federal or … Continue reading
If you live in a western country and have a landline telephone with a listed phone number, chances are you’ve been “cold called” by someone on the other side of the world with an introduction that goes something like this: … Continue reading
Replace the cold call with … ANYTHING! Jeffrey Gitomer: I am sick of the argument that cold calling still has a valuable place in selling. Someone PLEASE show me the value. Let’s look at the facts: • 98 percent or more … Continue reading
Ask yourself: Is this an in-law or an outlaw calling? SCAMwatch (Australia) is advising consumers to beware of scammers who phone requesting money, speaking in the consumer’s native language including Serbian, Croatian, Polish and others. These callers will often say … Continue reading