Replace the cold call with … ANYTHING!
Let’s look at the facts:
• 98 percent or more rejection rate
• 100 percent interruption of the prospect
• 100 percent they already know what you’re selling
• 100 percent they already have what you’re selling
• 100 percent manipulation to get through to the decision maker
• 100 percent lack of personal preparation about the customer
• Most sales managers could not do what they ask their salespeople to do
• Rejection is the biggest cause of sales personnel turnover
• Ask any salesperson if they’d rather have 100 cold calls or one referral
QUESTION: With these horrid statistics, why do sales managers insist on, even measure, cold call activity and numbers?
ANSWER: I have no earthly idea.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of several sales books and he offers twelve alternatives to cold calling.