The unsolicited selling and promoting of product and services over the phone. Also known as phone sales, phone soliciting, cold sell, cold calling, telesales, teleselling, telecommerce, and prospecting.
Making the news
References to news articles that expose telemarketing ploys and scams.
Pranks, pranks, pranks
The how-to of a variety of practical jokes and techniques used to take control, direct and terminate an unwanted marketing call–while having a laugh.
How cold callers use ‘predictive diallers’ and ‘voice activation detection’ (VAD) technologies to increase consumer volumes through their call centres.
Telemarketers, cold callers, blah blah blah…
The call-centre androids who are WiFi connected to the technologies; also known as cold callers, phone solicitors, cold sellers, telesellers, and telepests.
- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts