- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Category Archives: Pranks pranks pranks
Hi. Just letting you know that this is my last post on this blog. It is taking up too much of my time in competition with other interests; so I am moving on. Thanks to all my followers, commenters and … Continue reading
#25. Hang ups – Ω TELEMARKETER: “Hello Mrs. Dong, we are affiliated with Macrohard Technologies; and in monitoring the internet it has come to our attention that your computer has a number of errors which makes it prone to attack … Continue reading
#16. Enterprise bargaining agreement – ΩΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Hello, we are offering you and a friend the opportunity to enjoy 2 days free at one of our many holiday resorts—” ME: Bargain with them for an extremely better deal. For instance, … Continue reading
Pestered Tim Price was pretty peeved by cold calling telephone salesmen taking the P – so he’s added an extra nine Ps to his name in a desperate bid to make them stop, writes Lee Marlow. Tim, 49, has changed his … Continue reading
#36. Is anybody out there? – ΩΩΩ Prop: It might help to set your phone volume to low or have an earplug on standby (or simply stick a finger in your receiving ear). TELEMARKETER: “Hello, would you be surprised … Continue reading
#15. Edentate (toothless) tiger – ΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Hello, my name is Sally/Sid from Stellar—” ME: Interrupt forcefully emphasising the telemarketer’s name. “Sally, Sally, how many times do I have to tell you Sally? I don’t know where you left your dentures, … Continue reading
#61. Random quotes – ΩΩ Prop: Have a wad of witty quotes prepared.[i] TELEMARKETER: “Hello, how would you and a friend like 7 winter nights in tropical Bali for only $99 per person?” ME: “The early bird gets the worm, but … Continue reading
#12. Competitors’ prices – ΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Good evening sir. My name is Charles of Stiff & Berry Funeral Homes. I would like only a few minutes to broach the subject of a low-cost funeral plan…” ME: Ask for the cost of … Continue reading
#33. How many ways to say ‘NO’ – ΩΩ Prop: Have a list of Noes in other languages prepared. TELEMARKETER: “Hello, is that Mr. Lats speaking?” ME: “Mr Lats yeh.” TELEMARKETER: “Mr. Lats we’ve chosen you to enjoy our …” … Continue reading