- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Tag Archives: prank
#25. Hang ups – Ω TELEMARKETER: “Hello Mrs. Dong, we are affiliated with Macrohard Technologies; and in monitoring the internet it has come to our attention that your computer has a number of errors which makes it prone to attack … Continue reading
#16. Enterprise bargaining agreement – ΩΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Hello, we are offering you and a friend the opportunity to enjoy 2 days free at one of our many holiday resorts—” ME: Bargain with them for an extremely better deal. For instance, … Continue reading
#36. Is anybody out there? – ΩΩΩ Prop: It might help to set your phone volume to low or have an earplug on standby (or simply stick a finger in your receiving ear). TELEMARKETER: “Hello, would you be surprised … Continue reading
#61. Random quotes – ΩΩ Prop: Have a wad of witty quotes prepared.[i] TELEMARKETER: “Hello, how would you and a friend like 7 winter nights in tropical Bali for only $99 per person?” ME: “The early bird gets the worm, but … Continue reading
He (or she) sounds nice In my time, I’ve experienced at least four kinds of ‘telepest.’ The artful, benevolent presenter: the caring telemarketer who attempts to mitigate their intrusion by qualifying their call with, “I’m not selling anything. This is … Continue reading
#9. Chip chomping – ΩΩ Prop: A packet of chips or crackers. (A clothes peg is optional.) TELEMARKETER: “Hello Mr. Leu. What would you say to an offer of 7 nights in Phuket, the beautiful jewel of Thailand, for … Continue reading
Gidday Tired of annoying telemarketing calls? Had enough of being harassed at an inconvenient time by an anonymous, foreign sounding or hard to understand cold caller? Me too! Hi, I’m Jimmy. What am I doing? Well, here I plan to post my experiences about annoying … Continue reading