- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Tag Archives: telemarketer
Adapted from Mark Mayes article, columnist / Lansing State Journal Question: When is telemarketing not telemarketing, when it’s advertising? Answer: No, that’s what unscrupulous cold callers want us to believe—but they’re wrong. Rosemary Wade of Grand Ledge had an especially … Continue reading
By JEFF AMY for the Associated Press: covers the economy, state government, health care, education and demographics in Mississippi. Not only are those telemarketing robocalls from “card services” annoying, they’re also illegal if you’ve signed up for a federal or … Continue reading
If you live in a western country and have a landline telephone with a listed phone number, chances are you’ve been “cold called” by someone on the other side of the world with an introduction that goes something like this: … Continue reading
Replace the cold call with … ANYTHING! Jeffrey Gitomer: I am sick of the argument that cold calling still has a valuable place in selling. Someone PLEASE show me the value. Let’s look at the facts: • 98 percent or more … Continue reading
Ask yourself: Is this an in-law or an outlaw calling? SCAMwatch (Australia) is advising consumers to beware of scammers who phone requesting money, speaking in the consumer’s native language including Serbian, Croatian, Polish and others. These callers will often say … Continue reading
#36. Is anybody out there? – ΩΩΩ Prop: It might help to set your phone volume to low or have an earplug on standby (or simply stick a finger in your receiving ear). TELEMARKETER: “Hello, would you be surprised … Continue reading
#15. Edentate (toothless) tiger – ΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Hello, my name is Sally/Sid from Stellar—” ME: Interrupt forcefully emphasising the telemarketer’s name. “Sally, Sally, how many times do I have to tell you Sally? I don’t know where you left your dentures, … Continue reading
#61. Random quotes – ΩΩ Prop: Have a wad of witty quotes prepared.[i] TELEMARKETER: “Hello, how would you and a friend like 7 winter nights in tropical Bali for only $99 per person?” ME: “The early bird gets the worm, but … Continue reading
Don’t take callers at their word. A Florida man falsely told time-share owners in unsolicited calls that they had buyers for their properties. The scam solicited fees, proposed as refundable closing costs, in the thousands of dollars from victims. They scammed 22,000 people … Continue reading