- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Tag Archives: telepest
Link: Make telephone sales cold calling illegal – e-petitions.
#25. Hang ups – Ω TELEMARKETER: “Hello Mrs. Dong, we are affiliated with Macrohard Technologies; and in monitoring the internet it has come to our attention that your computer has a number of errors which makes it prone to attack … Continue reading
Noah Magram, principal software engineer at security vendor Sourcefire, was called while at home by a fake antivirus company. He decided to see exactly what they do when a person grants access, only he gave them access to a virtual machine … Continue reading
Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
Satirical video of typical, trashy telemarketing operation in India. Worth a laugh (3:41 minutes).
If you live in a western country and have a landline telephone with a listed phone number, chances are you’ve been “cold called” by someone on the other side of the world with an introduction that goes something like this: … Continue reading
#15. Edentate (toothless) tiger – ΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Hello, my name is Sally/Sid from Stellar—” ME: Interrupt forcefully emphasising the telemarketer’s name. “Sally, Sally, how many times do I have to tell you Sally? I don’t know where you left your dentures, … Continue reading
#61. Random quotes – ΩΩ Prop: Have a wad of witty quotes prepared.[i] TELEMARKETER: “Hello, how would you and a friend like 7 winter nights in tropical Bali for only $99 per person?” ME: “The early bird gets the worm, but … Continue reading
Want to be a telemarketer? Then here are the ‘Required Skills for Telemarketing’ that make for a good telemarketer, as stated on one website. Aunty P: flickr To be honest, I suggest that these skills are euphemisms (substituted and inoffensive or indirect … Continue reading
Sympathy or not to sympathy: That is the question. Have you seen posts, [i] they manifest occasionally, whereby telemarketers explain to us, the recipients of tele-nuisance, why we should be sympathetic and polite to their unwanted calls? Why does the ubiquitous telemarketer ask … Continue reading