- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Category Archives: About telemarketing
Hi. Just letting you know that this is my last post on this blog. It is taking up too much of my time in competition with other interests; so I am moving on. Thanks to all my followers, commenters and … Continue reading
This was originally posted with a Canadian audience in mind, but it has relevance here in Australia and, I suspect, in most third world countries generally. Brain Jones, the author, is a programmer and works full time in the telecommunications … Continue reading
Noah Magram, principal software engineer at security vendor Sourcefire, was called while at home by a fake antivirus company. He decided to see exactly what they do when a person grants access, only he gave them access to a virtual machine … Continue reading
Adapted from Mark Mayes article, columnist / Lansing State Journal Question: When is telemarketing not telemarketing, when it’s advertising? Answer: No, that’s what unscrupulous cold callers want us to believe—but they’re wrong. Rosemary Wade of Grand Ledge had an especially … Continue reading
By JEFF AMY for the Associated Press: covers the economy, state government, health care, education and demographics in Mississippi. Not only are those telemarketing robocalls from “card services” annoying, they’re also illegal if you’ve signed up for a federal or … Continue reading
If you live in a western country and have a landline telephone with a listed phone number, chances are you’ve been “cold called” by someone on the other side of the world with an introduction that goes something like this: … Continue reading