- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Tag Archives: pranking
#25. Hang ups – Ω TELEMARKETER: “Hello Mrs. Dong, we are affiliated with Macrohard Technologies; and in monitoring the internet it has come to our attention that your computer has a number of errors which makes it prone to attack … Continue reading
#36. Is anybody out there? – ΩΩΩ Prop: It might help to set your phone volume to low or have an earplug on standby (or simply stick a finger in your receiving ear). TELEMARKETER: “Hello, would you be surprised … Continue reading
#61. Random quotes – ΩΩ Prop: Have a wad of witty quotes prepared.[i] TELEMARKETER: “Hello, how would you and a friend like 7 winter nights in tropical Bali for only $99 per person?” ME: “The early bird gets the worm, but … Continue reading
#12. Competitors’ prices – ΩΩ TELEMARKETER: “Good evening sir. My name is Charles of Stiff & Berry Funeral Homes. I would like only a few minutes to broach the subject of a low-cost funeral plan…” ME: Ask for the cost of … Continue reading
#33. How many ways to say ‘NO’ – ΩΩ Prop: Have a list of Noes in other languages prepared. TELEMARKETER: “Hello, is that Mr. Lats speaking?” ME: “Mr Lats yeh.” TELEMARKETER: “Mr. Lats we’ve chosen you to enjoy our …” … Continue reading
Sympathy or not to sympathy: That is the question. Have you seen posts, [i] they manifest occasionally, whereby telemarketers explain to us, the recipients of tele-nuisance, why we should be sympathetic and polite to their unwanted calls? Why does the ubiquitous telemarketer ask … Continue reading
Gidday Tired of annoying telemarketing calls? Had enough of being harassed at an inconvenient time by an anonymous, foreign sounding or hard to understand cold caller? Me too! Hi, I’m Jimmy. What am I doing? Well, here I plan to post my experiences about annoying … Continue reading