- Bon voyage and fare thee well!
- Why Don’t Phones Lets Us Record Calls (two way)? -ca
- Investors duped by City Index Australasia’s cold-calling scam -au
- e-petition: Make telephone sales cold-calling illegal -UK
- Audio link: Peyton Charles gets cold called
- Video: How to stop cold calling and make $500 from them to boot -us
- Video: Ever felt that the telemarketer didn’t really care?
- Prank #25: Hang ups
- Prank #16: Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Name changed to ‘Pppppppppprice’ in a genuine but eccentric bid to stop cold-callers
- Video: Malware threat by antivirus scammer exposed on virtual machine
- Video: hilarious satire of cold-calling Indian pitching a two-bit, tinhorn, half-pie, end-of-the-pier, strictly-for-the-birds script.
- ‘Boiler room’ hoax for New Zealand share holders -nz
- Firms keep testing the limits of Do-Not-Call list -us
- Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) fines firms $945,000 for no-call violations
- Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
- Cold calling percentages
- Beware of native language call scams – au
- Prank #36: Is anybody out there?
- Prank #15: Edentate (toothless) tiger
Categories of posts
Lucky dip posts
Category Archives: Making the news
Hi. Just letting you know that this is my last post on this blog. It is taking up too much of my time in competition with other interests; so I am moving on. Thanks to all my followers, commenters and … Continue reading
Adapted from Mark Mayes article, columnist / Lansing State Journal Question: When is telemarketing not telemarketing, when it’s advertising? Answer: No, that’s what unscrupulous cold callers want us to believe—but they’re wrong. Rosemary Wade of Grand Ledge had an especially … Continue reading
By JEFF AMY for the Associated Press: covers the economy, state government, health care, education and demographics in Mississippi. Not only are those telemarketing robocalls from “card services” annoying, they’re also illegal if you’ve signed up for a federal or … Continue reading
If you live in a western country and have a landline telephone with a listed phone number, chances are you’ve been “cold called” by someone on the other side of the world with an introduction that goes something like this: … Continue reading
Ask yourself: Is this an in-law or an outlaw calling? SCAMwatch (Australia) is advising consumers to beware of scammers who phone requesting money, speaking in the consumer’s native language including Serbian, Croatian, Polish and others. These callers will often say … Continue reading
By Emma Hughes 27 April 2012, 8:48 The Energy Advice Line has put together an advice list to help prevent these businesses from being coerced into switching to a potentially expensive supplier. New information released by the UK’s Energy Advice Line … Continue reading
We all hate those dead calls that we answer with no one on the end, or the line is quickly disconnected. These are often a result of excessive calls from call-centre automated diallers (known as robocalls), and where there aren’t enough … Continue reading
Don’t take callers at their word. A Florida man falsely told time-share owners in unsolicited calls that they had buyers for their properties. The scam solicited fees, proposed as refundable closing costs, in the thousands of dollars from victims. They scammed 22,000 people … Continue reading